As I mentioned in my previous post, one thing I do love about a New Year is taking the time to look back and reflect on my accomplishments during the year. I try to keep my life fairly positive, so I only have 2 low points for the year…I am sure if I thought about it I could come up with a few more…but I would much rather focus on the positives. It was tricky to narrow just ten highlights of my year!
High-points of 2014
- Standing on Top of the Great Wall: This will probably be the top of my list for a long, long time. My mom and I hiked to where the wall entered into Mongolia. Only 6 people from our group made it to the end…it was QUITE the hike but I do not think I have felt a sense of accomplishment like that!
- Donating My Hair: This has been on my bucket list for a LONG time, and it was something I never thought I would be able to do because I never thought my hair would be long enough. Last year my hair was EXTREMELY long and driving me nuts. I decided it was now or never and CHOPPED it all off. It definitely took some getting used to, but I love my short hair now.
- Starting to Run: If you told me I would run a 10k two years ago I would have laughed at you…but I did it. I still absolutely HATE running, but I love doing races. I am not the fastest runner in the world…I am actually quite slow but I am still proud of myself for committing to something new.
- Saw a show on Broadway: I have always been a BIG fan of musicals and try to see them whenever they come to town. There is nothing like seeing a show in New York City. My roommate and I saw Aladdin and it was amazing. I have a LONG list of shows I need to see! swimming back after the jump
- Cliff Jumping in Eleuthera: I should clarify this whole vacation came 4 days after surgery. I probably shouldn’t have jumped off a 30 ft cliff…but Doctor Dad said it was okay. I knew if I didn’t jump I would regret it…so I jumped! (not very gracefully may I add) Probably would never do it again, but I did it once so I am good!
- Savage Race: 7 miles plus TONS of insane obstacles. When some of my friends suggested doing this my response was “I WILL DIE” haha! Yet again I surprised myself and survived. It was SO much fun. terrible picture!
- JAMES TAYLOR: James Taylor has been one of my favorite artists for a LONG time. Something about his music is just extremely calming to me. Whenever I am in a bad mood I listen to a little James Taylor and all is well. I have wanted to see him live for a long time, but conflicts kept getting in my way. Dad surprised me with tickets. BEST NIGHT EVER. James Taylor sounds exactly the same live! Plus he played my ALL TIME FAVORITE SONG! Copperline
- Saw my Biffle in China: My Biffle is my BEST friend Sarah. We met back in the sorority and have been “biffles” ever since. She has been in China teaching English this past year and being separated for this long as SUCKED. I was so happy to get to see her in China! I can’t wait for her to come home.
- Met Baby Will: There is nothing sweeter than holding a newborn baby. This November our good friends Titi and Critter (nicknames) welcomed a BEAUTIFUL baby boy named Will into their family. His big sister Mary Adele is 3 now, but I have been watching her since she was born. It seems like just yesterday she was as tiny as Baby Will.
- I sold a Photograph on Etsy! I totally opened my Etsy shop on a whim, and did not think anyone would actually BUY something. I was SO thrilled when I got the email from Etsy stating that I had sold a picture!! Someone actually paid for my photograph!
Low Points of the Year
- Gator Football Season – seriously this year was ROUGH, each time they gave me a glimmer of hope, I would watch it ripped away by terrible football. Hoping a new coach means a new team for next year, because I am not sure my heart can take another season like this one.
- Hospital Stay- the only reason this is not above Gator Football, is because it was a fairly positive experience. The nurses and doctors were amazing and I was extremely lucky to end up in an American hospital (This all went down the ONE Week in between China and Bahamas)
Here’s to hoping 2015 has more High-Points than Low-Points!